I finally finished a cross-stitching project I started years ago! I got this pattern at the Reagan Library. But now I don't know what to do with it! Should I frame it, make it into a pillow, or what??? I have to think about it some more.
Monday, May 9, 2011
So, I'm not the greatest blogger in the world. But that's okay! Haha.Greg and I recently had our 1st Wedding Anniversary!!! We couldn't believe it has been a year already! We both felt (and feel) very grateful that we have each other and that we'll be able to spend the rest of eternity together. Here's a run down of what we did:
1) I got up before Greg to surprise him with French Toast for breakfast!
2) Greg surprised me by telling me he took the day off and made all sorts of plans for that day!
3) We went to the park and had a picnic and played card games. Greg got all the food the day before and made sure I didn't see it until the next day. He likes to surprise me and I like surprises :) Good combo.
we were also going to fly kites but it was rainy :(
4) We went to the zoo! Because it was rainy, a lot of the animals weren't out like all the big cats, rhinos, etc. But we did get to see red pandas, giraffes, otters, seals, bears, wallabies, meerkats, and more including huge cockroaches (yuck!). I took lots of pictures but decided to upload just a couple.
5) Then we went to see the movie "Arthur". Greg and I liked it :)
6) We had made reservations at a restaurant called Liliana's. They serve Cajun cuisine and it was really good! We even got free dessert because it was our anniversary :)
7) We went home and got out our cake top! Since we were so full from dinner we split a small piece of cake.
All in all, it was a fantastic day! I feel so blessed to have Greg in my life and I love him so much!
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Not much. But I realize now that I haven't posted pictures of our apartment with stuff in it! So here you go :)
Let's see...I've been called to be a Young Women's Music Adviser in our ward. Greg doesn't have a calling yet but I bet he'll get one soon! Next week Tuesday I'm going to a hiring seminar for the local Apple Store! Apparently, Apple has quite a few interview processes and I hope I get through them all and get a job there! I think it would be fun to work at the Apple Store. Also, ever since we got Guitar Hero, I've been listening to (or rather playing in the game) the song "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes. It has such a great beat! I don't think I'll get tired it! Anyway, that's about all I can think of that's new with us. Have a great day everyone!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Hey everyone! Lately I've been thinking of all the blessings that God has given Greg and me. Greg has a job, we have a nice apartment, we are making new friends, we are healthy, we both have loving families, we have some of the cutest nieces and nephews, we have the gospel, we have the scriptures, we have a temple that we can go to once a month, and we have each other. There is so much to be grateful for in our lives and I just feel so much gratitude! Greg and I are doing great and are truly blessed.