Saturday, September 5, 2009

We're Engaged!


We have some very exciting news to share and that is Greg and I are engaged! Since loads of you want to know the story I'll post it here so ya'll can read it when ever you want and I don't have to reproduce it about 30 times :).

It basically started earlier this week when he started giving me gifts everyday. Monday I received good morning and goodnight phone calls instead of texting as we usually do, Tuesday he gave me a box of chocolate truffles, Wednesday he gave me Celine Dion perfume/cologne, and Thursday he gave me a dozen roses! Yesterday, Friday, he made dinner and it was a fabulous dinner! Everything was from scratch! The main dish was a stuffed chicken breast that was stuffed with ham and cheese (kind of like cordon bleu but better!). It was so delicious! For the sides he prepared some pasta and red meat sauce, some sautéed zucchini, and garlic bread. For dessert he had made cheesecake from scratch! It was so yummy!

After dinner, we drove up to the Squaw Peak overlook, which is way high up, to see the sunset. I made sure to bring my camera with me because I knew that there would be a wonderful view! When we got there, I took a few pictures and we walked a little bit away from the other people who were around. We kept looking at the beautiful clouds with the pinkish color around them and seeing the lights of Provo and Orem turn on. Then he turns to me and tells me that he had written a poem for me! He then recited it to me having committed it to memory, and after the poem was finished he knelt down on one knee and pulled out the ring and asked "Erin, will you marry me?" Of course I said yes!

The entire week was so romantic, Friday especially! We are so happy! We don't exactly have a date yet but we're thinking soon after we graduate college, which makes the engagement sorta long but that's okay. We're so excited and can't wait until we actually tie the knot!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Erin and Greg! We are so happy for you! Happy wedding planning! P.S. You should post a picture of the ring!

    ReplyDelete